Leaf Recipe Collection
Sweet Potato Quesadilla
Quick, easy and delicious, this sweet potato quesadilla with black beans and spinach is a tasty spin on the basic quesadilla with a Mexican kick.
Recipe adapted from Woman’s Day.
- 2 small sweet potatoes halved lengthways
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 can La Morena refried black beans rinsed
- 1 bunch English spinach thick stems discarded, leaves roughly chopped
- 4 La Tortilleria Corn Tortillas
- 170 g cheddar cheese
- lime wedges to serve
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes in the oven until tender, approximately 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and garlic in a medium pan over medium heat until the garlic just starts to sizzle. Stir in the cumin, cinnamon and cayenne and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the beans and ½ cup of water and cook, tossing occasionally until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add the spinach and cook, tossing until beginning to wilt and remove from the heat.
- Place the tortillas on the prepared baking sheet. Scoop the sweet potato from the skins and spread on one half of each tortilla. Top with bean mixture and cheese, then fold over the tortillas to cover the filling.
- Place in the oven until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2 minutes. Serve with lime wedges.