Leaf Recipe Collection
This recipe for traditional scones is so simple and delicious, the whole family will love it.
Recipe adapted from Delicious.
- 4 cups self-raising flour
- 40 g unsalted butter chilled and chopped
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup pure cream plus extra to brush
- Cunliffe and Waters Summerberry Jam to serve
- cream to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees. Lightly butter a baking tray and set aside. Place flour, butter and a pinch of salt in a bowl and gently rub butter into flour, lightly lifting the mixture as you go to get air into it. Make a well in the centre and pour in the milk and cream. Mix with a flat bladed knife, cutting the mixture so that you barely pull it together.
- Turn out dough onto a floured surface. Flatten with the heel of your hand to about 3cm thick and using a pastry cutter, cut out 12 scones. Place the scones close together on the tray. Brush tops with a little more cream, then bake for 12-15 minutes. The scones are ready when they feel firm when squeezed in the middle.
- Serve with jam and cream. Enjoy!