Leaf Recipe Collection
The healthy alternative to the traditional fries, the recipe for these Avocado fries will change your opinion of fries forever.
Recipe adapted from Australian Avocados.
- ½ cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten plus 3 extra yolks for aioli
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 2 avocados, cut into wedges
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp The Essential Ingredient preserved lemons
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place four, beaten egg and combined panko and chives on three separate shallow plates. Working with one piece at a time, coat the avocado wedges into the flour then egg and then roll in the panko mixture to coat. Place on the prepared tray, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, place extra egg yolks in a bowl. Add sea salt, 1 tbsp lemon juice and preserved lemon and whisk to combine. Whisking continuously add oil in a slow, steady stream until creamy and thick. Taste and add a little lemon juice, if necessary. You can also make the aioli in a small food processor, add the oil with the moto running. Alternatively use a pre-made aioli.
- Sprinkle avocado fries with aioli and lemon zest to serve.